Listen to the episode here
- Anniversary Trip to St. Croix
- Buck Island National Monument - sorry I called it a National Park in the episode! It is indeed a monument, operated by the National Park Service...go figure!
- Book Expo America recap
- Billie Holiday art quilt - see previous blog post for pics and recap
- Still sketching!
- I'm making a Moneta dress this summer, by participating in the Moneta Sew-along. Pattern is from Colette Patterns. Check out their blog here (lots of great sewing tips and info.)
- Curvy Colette blog tour
- Flickr Group with lots of Moneta dress examples.
- Other pattern discussed: Mabel skirt
- Knit socks and Rainbow Baktus scarf on hiatus for a bit while I get my knitting mojo back
- Shonda Rhimes commencement speech
- Sew Together Bag - Craftsy pattern
- Bionic Gear Bag
- Comment below on what you think: A-hole move or just one pattern designer putting her stuff out there?
- NOT mentioned in my rant, but I should have added that I in NO WAY support any of the hate being thrown either pattern designers way over this issue. Seriously, my main hope is that we can all play nice and that also goes for the buyers of patterns and blog "fans" who can get a little rabid or mean-spirited in their comments when trying to show support for one designer over another.
with Robert Redford and Jane Fonda
by Kate Alcott
Thanks for listening!