Listen to the episode here
- Spring is here...right?
- Mid-Atlantic Modern Quilt Guild Retreat in Lancaster, PA
- Zook's (fabric store) 3535 Old Philadelphia Pike (Rte 340) Intercourse, PA 17534
- Lancaster Yarn Shop 3519 Old Philadelphia Pike (Rte 340) Intercourse, PA 17534
- Forgot to mention this in my 3rd attempt at recording: there is a play called Half-Stitched: The Musical being performed through 11/29/14 at the Bird-in-Hand Theatre. It has received great reviews, I overheard several quilter's/tourists chatting about it while shopping in town. Sounds like fun!
“Half-Stitched,” the Musical
April 1-November 29, 2014
Meet the Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club as their lives unfold around an Amish quilt. There’s a young woman yearning for stability, a couple at odds in their marriage, a young widower seeking solace, a rough-and-tough biker doing community service, a preacher’s wife escaping parish problems—and an Amish widow teaching her first quilting class.
The “Half-Stitched” musical is a delightful new journey of self-discovery, healing and renewed wholeness, pulled from Wanda Brunstetter’s latest New York Times bestseller. Your group will find plenty to laugh at as these unlikely, beginning quilters are stitched together like scraps of fabric under the loving guidance of Emma Yoder. And the music? Oh, the music!
- Sew Together Bag (see previous blog post)
- Noodlehead Super Tote
- Purchased the pattern here.
- Collage art quilt of Billie Holliday
- Low volume scrap quilt
- I used this video tutorial to cast on and knit my first pair of toe-up socks using the Magic Loop Method.
Father Goose with Cary Grant and Leslie Caron
What I'm Watching:Who I'm Following:
- @LibrarianJesus on Twitter
- @smexybooks on Twitter
- Related blog to this Twitter handle: Smart Bitches, Trashy Books
Thanks for listening!