Listen to the episode HERE
- We're doing great with the first days of school. Sam has started off Kindergarten excited, eager to learn, and blissful about riding the bus every morning. Maddy doesn't know what the heck is going on, but as long as there are snacks, she's happy.
- I "survived" the first day without chasing after the bus and a long massage session.
- Getting back into a routine has helped immensely. This includes having Sam start her day off right, and with a sense of having already "succeeded" at something - her Morning Routine Checklist.
- Daybreak Shawl
- Art Quilt using hand dyed fabrics and a small sketch of 2 "lovebirds" on a wire.
- King spiderweb quilt - I go into a little more detail of my "loosey-gooseyness" on this quilt and how it's getting me into a tight spot.
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT: I am a "published" quilter now. 2 of my small projects are in the current issue of Quilter's Newsletters special issue: Best Christmas Quilts. Since I am part of a designer blog hop, I will post more about this on 8/31. Watch this space because QN is running several fantastic giveaways to coincide with the blog hop and magazine release!!
The Second Life of Abigail Walker by Frances O'Roark Dowell
Wild by Cheryl Strayed
Thanks for listening!