Listen to the episode HERE
Works in Progress:
- Sam's Diversion Quilt - almost done!
- Birdie Stitches blocks: 2 down/5 to go
- Photo Quilt
- Cream & Sugar Cowl (Never Not Knitting pattern) - I think I called it the Sugar & Cream cowl on the podcast, but it's really names the reverse of this....in anycase it's a gorgeous cowl either way you say it!
- Borders closing and some "insider thoughts" about this.
- NPR article/interview - side note, I take real "issue" with Guerra's closing comment about airport bookstores: NOT TRUE!!! :-)
- Entertainment Weekly article
- Bookselling After Borders article on Publishers Weekly site
- Movies made from books
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett 8/10/11 - trailer
- I Don't Know How She Does It by Allison Pearson 9/16/11
- One Day by David Nicholls 8/19/11
- The Descendants by Kaui Hart Hemmings 12/16/11
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larrson 12/21/11
- Moneyball by Michael Lewis 9/23/11 - trailer
- Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay 7/29/11
- Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer 11/18/11
- The Muppets Movie (OK, not a book per se, but I couldn't resist mentioning it!) 11/23/11
- Sherlock Holmes 2 - based (loosely) on the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle books 12/16/11
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins 3/23/12
- The Iron Lady by John Blundell 1/2012 - trailer